Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 13, 2011

Evening #2

This time I apologize to those whose children get up early and/or don't sleep through the night...

Monday night, I fell asleep while nursing Patrick so got to bed at about 12:30 then he let me sleep until 4 am. I got back to bed after that by 5 and then Kieran was up at 6! Mr Exhausted was perky and ready to go at that hour. Mommy, not so much. I tried to get him to lie down with me in bed which led to him squirming next to me for 20 minutes.
So we got up and started our day. Patrick was making noises intermittently but didn't really wake up until I was in the shower. By the time I was dry and dressed and could tend to him, he'd cried his first tears.
Sniff, sniff.

We made it to playgroup more or less on time and from there we went to have lunch at Grandpa and Grandmaman's. I left Kieran there to nap while I took Patrick to his 2 month doctor's appointment.
He was hungry by the time I took him out of his car seat so the vaccinations went pretty smoothly as I was nursing him at the same time.
Then it was back to my parents' place to get Kieran and home for supper, bath and bed.
Maya came over after work to help me out so Kieran got lots of attention and I could look after Patrick uninterrupted. After some coaxing, Kieran even gobbled down 2 bowls of the cream of broccoli soup I'd made.
She bathed him and then went to cuddle Patrick while I got K to bed. After she left, Kieran did get up once, most likely because he could hear some kids who were still playing outside. I got him back to bed and he stayed there, seemingly knowing I was busy with Patrick.

So evening 2, not so bad at all!

Postscript to Olaf (need you be reminded!): He thought he was Elmo.

No comments: