Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stroller & car seat update

We have a car seat! And the stroller has been ordered...
The Friday night of my last post, we went shopping on the South Shore. Our first stop was the baby store Clement but they didn't have what we want in store. Then we went over to Sears which had the car seat but not the stroller. Still no help as we wanted to test drive the stroller with the car seat in it. So then it was over to Toys R'Us. Lo and behold, they had both the car seat AND the stroller on display! So we wheeled it around and confirmed that this is the one we wanted. Unfortunaely, the stroller was not available and they did not know when they would be getting more in. So the next morning we headed out to the Toys R'Us in Lasalle but they didn't even have either of them on display. The clerk checked the computer for us, and the same story apllied to all the stores in the area, no stock and no date when they would be coming in. So we decided to head to Sears and see what they had available. No stroller, but the car seat was on sale beginning that morning. Score! So we bought the car seat. Don't you know, they didn't have it in stock, but we picked it up this last Saturday. And so the stroller we ordered on line from Junior Baby. No news yet as to when it will arrive. So that is the stroller saga, almost come to an end!
Thank goodness we didn't have to shop for furniture!

I tried taking a picture of the baby's room but even with the wide angle lens, I couldn't get a good shot, so you will all have to wait until you come to visit to see it, ha! I am very pleased with how it turned out. Sometimes I go in there and rock in the glider for a few minutes and let my mind wander. Very relaxing.

So a little more than 4 weeks to go. If I'm lucky that is. I do have a feeling I will be pretty much on time but what do I know. It's probably just wishful thinking!

No comments: