Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 11, 2008

6 more weeks and counting?

It seems like my body has (for now) adopted a new schedule and I wake up somewhere between 3 and 4 a.m. so I'm not fighting it. Luckily I can go back to bed later and get a few more hours sleep with the whole bed to myself!

My allergies have been acting up too so that does not help the situation.

But I seem to have a little more energy and, knock on wood, my back has been ok for the last while.

Yesterday I walked all the way to NDG and back, a 2 1/2 hour trek and was none worse for the wear.
Okay, save for the humongous blister I now have on the back of my left ankle.
As much as I love shoes, my feet just weren't meant to wear them!

I also managed a solo trip to Costco and we had our 3rd prenatal class last night so it was quite a busy day.
In class we discussed Caesarean sections and various medical interventions such as episiotomies.
If you don't know what that is, I will not enlighten you, you're better off not knowing!
Ouch to the nth degree!!!

The baby's room is pretty much finished. We just have to put up some pictures on the walls to make it look less bare.
And the basement is close to being organized. Eric actually volunteered to help Tim on Saturday and they made some good progress. A couple of trips to the Ecocentre also helped to get rid of a lot of unnecessary items we'd been keeping for no apparent reason!

Still no stroller yet but hopefully that will be taken care of today with a trip to Junior Baby.
Other than that, we haven't made any baby purchases except for wipes at Costco! I'm waiting to see what we receive at my shower in a couple of weeks and also what some generous souls might pass on in hand-me-downs!!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Luckily you don't "need" much when they are young... a boob, a warm body, and a couple of sleepers will get you by! I'm following all the nesting blogging with interest. I'd forgotten about that phase of pregnancy.

Christine said...

Do rich women who have servants and cleaning ladies still get that nesting instinct?
Did Queen Elizabeth fell the need to scrub toilets in Buckingham Palace?!