Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 26, 2008

Before we know it

Only 2 more prenatal classes to go...This week we had a tour of the hospital. It was reassuring to see the birthing rooms and get an idea how things happen at the Vic.
So I think reality is starting to sink in and before we know it, the baby will be here and our lives will never be the same!

Catherine threw me a tea party baby shower last Sunday. It was great fun. We had finger sandwiches, homemade scones with cream and strawberry jam and cookies and brownies and lots of gifts to open!

So I think we're pretty much set for baby's arrival. The room is all ready. The stroller was delivered on Wednesday. We have some diapers, a few outfits and some bonnets and lots of blankets and washcloths. I'm not going to get anything else until baby arrives and we know the sex and size.

According to this week's ultrasound, the baby now weighs 7 lbs and the birth weight should be between 8 & 9 lbs. But that could be off by some 2 lbs. Ulp, hopefully not on the high side! And I thought I wasn't that big for 36 weeks. Ulp!

The baby's kidneys are still enlarged but nothing can be done at this point. We'll see after the birth if it's still the case. Apparently hydronephrosis, as its called, is the #1 problem detected on an ultrasound but after the birth, the kidneys are usually observed to be just fine. So no worries for now. A pedriatric urologist (talk about a specialty!) will do an assessment after the baby is born.

And as per our instructor's suggestion, our bags are somewhat packed for the hospital. I did that today. So as Tim said, the baby is sure to arrive late cos we're pretty much all ready for it!

Now I just have to occupy myself to stop from being bored to tears and cooping myself in the house all day long. There's only so much time one can spend looking at nursing bras online in a day!

No comments: