Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Weekend update

No pictures to share today but we had an amazing bike ride yesterday. Perfect weather and perfect company! We met up with Cathy & Eric at the "escatade" and headed towards Ste-Catherine. I love that bike path. It's wide, nicely paved and usually quite deserted save for the keeners with the thousand dollar bikes that whiz by you. We came back on the South Shore through Candiac, La Prairie and Brossard and then headed home on our separate ways at Simard Blvd. Crossing the Concord Bridge and then heading West along the Canal was not the most pleasant way to end the trip as it was windy as all hell! But we made it! All 49.618 km of it. And I have now confirmed that my odometer is off by about 9% as Tim, Eric & Cathy's all registered about the same while mine was lower. I'll keep it as is for the season and compensate for the difference at the end as I keep a log of all my bike rides since I got the bike computer. So that should mean I'm at about 550 km for the season. Lance Armstrong watch out! LOL!

Cathy & Eric joined us for supper and this time Tim mastered a pork roast on the bbq. It was delectable! And I got spoiled with another early birthday present, Cathy made me a carry-all bag at her folks' shop. It will definitely come in handy on our trip to Nfld!
The evening was capped off by a (never-ending) game of Trivial Pursuit for which Dave and France joined us. We were playing in teams as the 90's version we have is a little more difficult so 2 heads are better than one. Although Dave was pretty much on his own as France was feeling a little over-stuffed from the bbq she had gone to earlier. And Eric vetoed Cathy's correct answers on more than one (or two or three or four...!!!) occasions so they could have fared better but it was certainly entertaining!

No comments: