Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 13, 2005

The sacrifices for fresh bread

Yes, the time of this post is correct, on a Saturday morning, I must be nuts...but I awoke at 4:30 to the unpleasant sound of the ka-klunk, ka-klunk, ka-klunk of the bread machine mixing . The poor thing is getting a little tired these days. After all, it must be close to 10 years old now. It's funny how we are amazed these days when things like appliances don't conk out on us after 5 years or so. In my parents day, you could expect your washing machine to last a lifetime (even after they gave up on the washboard!!!)

Anyhow, the ka-klunk made me get up and come downstairs which was a good thing because the bread needed a lot more water than the recipe called for. But then I couldn't get back to sleep. And it being Saturday, the paper probably won't be here for another hour...

I think I will be in dire need of a nap later.

No comments: