Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 01, 2005

Busy week & weekend

Last week was pretty busy at school, most of our labs went overtime but I think that had a lot to do with bad planning which I have now come to expect. It can't be easy to start a whole new program from scratch but sometimes things are just way too disorganized...

At least we got out early on Friday but instead of going biking as I had wished, I came home and worked on my assignments and lab report so I wouldn't have to deal with any of it for the rest of the weekend.
Friday evening we played softball against The Broods, the young Lachine team and we faired pretty well against them. Then we had a makeup game on Saturday morning against The Royals and we got creamed. Which is too bad cos last time we played them we did well, but lost to them in extra innings. On Saturday, we were missing a player though and I was the only rover which at least saw me make a few good catches.

On Saturday afternoon we headed to La Vieille Brasserie by the water in Lachine where Tim's friend Dianna was getting married. It was a very nice ceremony & reception and a beautiful day to boot. The timing was funny cos yesterday was 2 years to the day when I "smiled" at Tim (that's Lavalife talk for making first contact with someone. Yes, for those of you not aware, we're an Internet couple!) See, Dianna met Daryl, her now husband, on Lavalife and Tim & Dianna kind of owe it to each other that they were on Lavalife. Dianna started off on Canada personals and introduced it to Tim which made him discover Lavalife which he then introduced to Dianna. So we're Lavalife success stories who will all live happily ever after!

We were seated with two other married couples and the talk inevitably turned to their weddings and how they did it and it eventualy came out that I had been married and the response was, "oh, so that's why you were being so quiet!" Yeah, well, divorce is not the favoured topic of conversation at a wedding! That didn't stop me from later on being questioned if I would get married again. Some people really have no qualms about asking very personnal questions of total strangers...And, no, I'm not about to tell you what my answer was!
If you wish to see how beautiful the bride was, I will again take the easy way out and send you to Tim's site, be sure to check out the chocolate fountain, it was awesome, we want to get one for ourselves!

Dianna and Daryl

No comments: