Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Today's outing

Yesterday I went to the periodontist further to my dentist referring me to him because I had some bone loss on one of my lower front teeth. It was detected before my pregnancy but could have gotten worse in the meantime.
So they took a complete set of x-rays of my mouth while Kieran waited at reception with all the women in the office gushing over him!
After my consultation with the doctor, he determined there are 3 areas that need taking care of, to the tune of about $3000! Thank goodness for insurance!
When we got to the reception to book my next appointment, they had just gotten a cancellation. So my first procedure was booked for this morning.

Tim was able to work from home today while I went to my appointment up the street.
I fed Kieran just before leaving but apparently he did not stop fussing from the moment I went out the door.
Tim was just about to feed him a bottle when I got back. So we proceeded to bottle-feed him, which he didn't take to very well at first but he finally got the hang of it and gobbled up 160 ml. It was a good test to see if he would drink from the bottle as Tim and I are going to my company Christmas party on Saturday evening and Grandma Jo-Anne is babysitting. She will certainly need to feed Kieran at some point so it definitely was a good idea to see if Kieran would take a bottle before then.

The surgery went well, the needle was the worst part, I think.
They did lots of scraping around the tooth to clean everything out and then sewed it all up.
I didn't feel much pain but on the way home, I dutifully filled my prescription for Atasol, which is basically Tylenol with codeine.
We'll see how the codeine affects Kieran through my breast milk. The pharmacist said there are no adverse affects but he could get drowsy. The pills also have caffeine in them which could stimulate him, so who knows what the reaction might be!

My mouth is slowly thawing out and it's a little hard to swallow and open my mouth very wide but I've delt with much worse.
I have gone through childbirth after all!

No comments: