Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day!

There's lots to catch up on since my last post but where do I begin?!
For now, I'll just blog about the latest...

Last night I figured for once we'd get to bed before midnight for some much needed rest. But, alas, it was not meant to be.
I fed Kieran when we got home from having Christmas dinner at Tim's mom's and then it was up to bed for all of us.
At some point while we were putting Kieran down in his room, I rubbed my eye and dislodged my contact lens without realizing it.
My nearsightedness is not that bad so I didn't notice that I was seeing things blurry through my left eye until I went to take my lenses out.
No lens to be found anywhere in my left eye. I tried for a good half hour and also with Tim's help to try and find the damn lens somewhere in my eyelid but we could not see it. I thought I could feel it. I certainly felt discomfort. I tried flushing my eye out with saline solution but that did not produce a lens either. So I gave up and figured it must have popped out when I rubbed my eye earlier. Or if it was still behind my eyelid somewhere, it would work its way out in my sleep. Well, when I woke up this morning, I still couldn't find the lens in my eye.
So when Kieran is up later, I will get down on my hands and knees and see if I can find the lens somewhere on his bedroom floor.
I know, like a needle in a haystack, but I am persistent with these things!

So I guess I'll be wearing my glasses for the next few days as I have no spare lenses and I really don't feel like going downtown to the optometrist for more this weekend. That and I'm not entirely convinced it's not still in my eye!

I think I'll be looking into laser eye surgery in the new year...

No comments: