Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Score! 3 for 3!

I don't think that the men that read this will fully appreciate the significance of this post but anyhow here goes...

On Friday, I was out with Kieran to go to the movies. There is a program at some cinemas called Movies for Mommies where they turn down the lights and provide a changing table with (supposedly, but this week lacking) the supplies you need.
So I put him in the Maman Kangourou carrier and off we went to catch the bus for the 1:20 pm showing at Côte-des-Neiges.
We enjoyed the newest James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace."
Now this was not the significant part of my day...

After the movie, we wandered around the mall and I walked into Reitman's, a women's chain clothing store here where I had previously seen a top I thought might be nice for Christmas.
At the time, I didn't even bother trying it on as it was still full price.
I rarely will buy something before it goes on sale unless it's really inexpensive or I really want it then and there. Why pay full price when I know very well I can pay less if I only wait a couple of weeks?!
So here was the top again and on sale. So I looked it over grabbed an XL and figured I'd try it on at home and return it if it didn't fit (which I fully expected.)
Then I saw a sweater (not that I need another sweater but it looked nice) for $20 so I grabbed that in a large and hoped for the best.
Well, I couldn't believe it...they both fit...really nicely! I should try that more often, it certainly saved time!

Then on Saturday, we stopped at Old Navy where they were having a huge sale. I found a pair of jeans that looked like what I was looking for and headed to the fitting rooms but then balked when I saw the long line-up. Well, I didn't have Kieran on me but I definitely didn't want to wait in line just to find out the jeans didn't fit so we just headed to the cash and went with the try-on-at-home-and-return-if-need-be theory.
Can you believe that the jeans fit, really nicely?! Jeans, I tell you. Now you all must know how hard it is to find jeans that fit well. How amazing is it that they fit without even trying them on?!

It's the little things in life I tell ya!

No comments: