Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Work week 3 already!

I'm still going in to work for 7:30, trying to bank some hours to cover the time off I'll be taking in a couple of weeks.
One of my co-workers is on vacation this week so it's pretty busy all day. We have to try and schedule our breaks to coincide with the guys downstairs but it doesn't always work out. It's funny, come 4 o'clock, it seems like pretty much everyone has left the building. Production and packaging finish at 3:30 and the office staff must quit at 4, not a minute more, it seems, as there are no cars left in the parking lot when I make my way out to catch the 4:23 bus.

At one point yesterday, I was testing 6 samples at the same time, phewf! I have a system worked out now so it goes pretty smoothly. Though when you're doing 2 or 3 or 4 things at once and one of involves a sauce that needs to be cooked, you have to make sure you don't forget it there on the stove as it boils away!
When we're 3 people in the lab there's usually someone there to back you up when things get more hectic.

Next week should be pretty busy again as we have a production starting for a product that is exported to Japan. It sounds like that keeps one person busy for the duration. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments: