Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Banana muffins à la Christine

Sometimes I get creative when I cook, even when baking.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (low-fat brownies that call for prune puree should not be instead made with tamarind!)

So here's this evening's variation on banana muffins...

3 large ripe bananas = 1 banana + 2/3 cup leftover pumpkin pie filling
1 egg = 1 egg
1 1/2 cups of flour = 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1/2 cup of Sugar Crisp cereal
3/4 cup sugar = completely omitted
1 tsp baking soda = same
1 tsp baking powder = same
3/4 tsp salt = same
1/3 cup butter melted = same
And I added about 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of raisins.

Then I baked at 350 F for 25 minutes and they're not half bad. Maybe just a little salty. I didn't exactly measure out the salt precisely.

The Sugar Crisps were left here by Hang and there's no way I would eat them for breakfast but as I hate throwing food out, I thought I'd give it a try and it worked. Mini wheat crumbs also work well and give your muffins a nice crunch factor!

No comments: