Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Weekend update

Well, I guess we had a busy weekend seeing that it is now Monday evening and I´m just getting around to posting the last few days´ goings-on...Let´s see, Thursday evening we took possession of Ganache (a.k.a. Birdie) as we are budgie-watching her while Mommy-France is away. Mommy-France was quite reluctant to leaver her but I assured her she is in good hands (or wings as the case may be!) We´ve put her in the dining room for now and she has ventured out of her cage a few times. She´s not too good at finding places to land yet though. She usually ends up quickly retreating back to her cage.

Friday morning was hair-grooming time. Tim gave himself his bi-weekly trim and I hennaed my hair. I would post a picture but I don´t have one yet! Anyhow, I guess it doesn´t show drastically as not everyone has noticed that I coloured my hair red. Or maybe I did a bad job of it & they´re just being polite by not mentioning it!!!

We took off in the afternoon to go over to Cindy & Andrew´s (curling/softball pals) as it was Cindy´s second annual 29th birthday celebration. Andrew had done an amazing looking roast on the bbq but we were about to leave for our softball game just as he was going to carve it. So we got a few slices to go but needless to say, we went back to the party (to the food) after our game. Should I even mention how the game went? 30-1! And no, not in our favour! I blame it on the wind...At least I managed one decent hit and one or two catches.

Saturday we invited ourselves out to Rigaud to see Steph & Olaf. Ome, their eight month old kitten had given birth to four kittens of her own the day before (precocious one, isn´t she?!) The kittens were absolutely adorable. 4 little stripey bundles mewing away with their eyes still shut tight. We went for a walk on the mountain and managed to regain all the mosquito bites that had faded from the previous weekend. Swarms & swarms & swarms of them, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Yesterday we took a ride over to the Shore & checked out Cathy & Eric´s gazebo. Very nice. (check out the photos at www.rambleoncat.blogspot.com)

And Day 1 of Microbiology began today. Oh boy. We already have our first test on Wednesday. Today was mostly spent learning how to use a microscope (with a sidebar of Chair 101 - how to properly adjust one´s lab chair!) I got to demonstrate my limited artistic abilities in trying to reproduce various drawings of the slides we were looking at. Mixed green algae nevr looked so awful! Five hours in the lab sure made for a tired Christine. But I did manage to do an hour and a half of reading to review today & prepare for tomorrow. Now ask me if I retained any of what I read! Staining, smears, Kingdoms, Phylums, eukaryotes, prokaryotes...zzzzz......

No comments: