Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, July 03, 2009

Wedding weekend

I started this post last night but it was getting late so I didn't finish it but now my mind is much preoccupied by other things but I will try and finish this now...


You had to be there!

Words (at least mine) cannot do justice to the great weekend we had!

Yes, believe it or not, my big brother, P-J, tied the knot with his true love Melora this past Sunday.

I can't imagine the week (or months) they must have had leading up to it but it certainly made me appreciate even more the simpleness of Tim's & my wedding!

For us, it started on Saturday evening with the cocktail at their apartment. I met lots of Melora's American relatives and a few friends from out of town. I did recognize a couple of faces from the past too.

There were lots of tasty finger foods and even make-your-own smoked meat sandwiches.

And it was the beginning of the Kieran-love-fest!
It's a good thing he's too young to understand all these compliments he gets or his head would be at least twice its size!

And Sunday was the big day.
I've never been one to go all crazy on my appearance and am even less attentive to what I look like now that I'm a mom (yes, I know, sad but true) so I wore the same dress and shoes I wore to Steph & Olaf's wedding 6 years ago and to Dianna and Daryl's 4 years ago. Who's to know?! Well, all of you now!

We tried to head to the ceremony early but had to turn back when we realized we'd forgotten the stroller. I'm sure my Auntie Ann (deaf aunt who forgot to put in her hearing aid) who was with us had no clue as to why we were turning back home. That's if she had a clue in the first place as to where we were headed!
Anyhow, I digress...we made it to Parc Jean Drapeau and had to drive the whole way around Ile Notre Dame to get to the Canadian pavillion where the reception was to be.
The ceremony took place a short walk away in the Jardins des Floralies.
The bride was late, which was fine by me, it gave me time to nurse Kieran before the ceremony and we won't mention that my parents were late too.
Aaah, but better late than never (especially in my father's case!)

Kieran babbled and raspberried throughout the whole ceremony!
But I managed to mostly tune him out while I did my reading (Corinthians 13 - the one about faith, hope & love.)

The rain held off so all was good.

And the food was just amazing! So many salads and stuff on the grill to choose from -which I didn't have to do as Tim got me food while I nursed K.

There's just too much to talk about without going into all the details but we had a really nice evening. Of course, Tim spent most of his time taking photos, over 500 in all, I think!

We could have stayed a lot later (or earlier, I suppose!) but we had to get Auntie Ann home. Which is just as well because we were exhausted enough as it was leaving when we did.
Kieran was an angel, he slept in the stroller most of the evening but was wide awake on the way home and when we tried to put him down in his crib. Nothing that another feeding didn't take care of, just to add to my exhaustion!

So we managed to sleep in on Monday morning and then headed downtown to hotel Le Crystal for brunch.
It was a nice chance to visit with my relatives from my mom's side who came up for the wedding. Oh, and coming up for them does not mean from the States - my mom comes from St-Eugène which is about an hour's drive past Quebec City on the South Shore.

So as usual, it was all about the food :)

4 comments:

royal said...

Hi,
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing information!
Vehicle Rear View Camera

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Best E-Learning Script

royal said...

Nice Post!
Pick Update create a track for a single men and women meet, flirt, date and fall in love, Providing time and meet again through online dating.Thousands of single men and women right in your area have posted personal ads on PickUpDate.com.

Thanks
Internet Dating Service

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing information!
Sell Buy Cars