Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 06, 2009

The lost art of blogging

Rather than not blog at all, I've instead been opting more often than not to post pictures lately. They're a little more interesting than the posts I've been writing. I feel like I'm just writing mundane descriptions of my daily routine that must bore my few readers to tears...I can write the best of posts at anytime in my head but they just don't seem to come out when I'm sitting here at the keyboard.

I wish I could write as well as some of the bloggers I follow. Some are so witty. Some are deep. Some have the guts to share personal thoughts and show their weaknesses.

I used to write to clear my head and few people were privy to those writings. I started a blog to try and share some of my more intimate thoughts but those kind of postings were few and far between. I tend to censor myself knowing who reads my blog.
But maybe it's time I stop doing that. Maybe it's time I reach out and admit my insecurities. Because we all have them. But we never really discuss them.

I have a great life and couldn't be happier with the way things are. Yet this morning I held my giggling baby in my arms while I sobbed uncontrollably. I have this underlying feeling of being overwhelmed by it all. I try to take it one step at a time but sometimes it just gets the best of me. Luckily it doesn't last too long. But it also doesn't go away completely.

I don't need to be this deep all the time. But sometimes it helps to let it out. Sometimes I have to admit that all is not right. Sometimes I have to come out of my shell and see what happens. Sometimes I have to take that chance and see and see how it works for me.

And then I can re-read this post and laugh at how cheesy and clicheed I sound!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hey. I hope you had a great feel good day today. I think you'll find when reading back that you will have grown and come far.
But you're doing very well and don't need my advice. (eventhought I give it a lot. ;-)