Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 25, 2008

Positive thinking

Unlike the tone of that last post, things really aren't that bad...and no, I don't think I am trying to downplay my feelings!

The results from my one hour glucose test were just a wee-bit high so my doctor sent me for the three hour tolerance test and that one came out okay so I do not have to worry about gestational diabetes.

The baby's kidneys are still a bit big (and I really can't give much more details about this because I kind of zoned out when my doctor was explaining it) but it should be alright by the time the baby is born.

We start our prenatal classes this week, that might help reality kick in a bit more.

Yeah, believe it or not, even at this point, I stll don't quite feel an overwhelming connection to my baby. I thought maybe doing a 3-D ultra-sound would help but Tim didn't seem too keen on the idea so we'll just save that 200 dollars or so.
It is true that most of the images end up looking pretty much the same from one child to another and they're kinda creepy looking too.

So 5 more weeks and I see my doctor again and have another ultra-sound.
I wonder how much more weight I will have put on by then. So far I have only gained about 22 pounds but in the last little while, my appetite has increased. I can't eat very much in a sitting before getting full but then a half hour to an hour after I have eaten, my stomach is gurgling and I am hungry again.

So hopefully Tim will manage to take some time off from work this week and be able to work on the baby's room and still have some time to relax and have a little fun.
Very wishful thinking on my part...

4 comments:

Berry said...

Nice Post!
We offer vehicle gps tracking systems that can be hidden in your vehicle. Our GPS monitoring tracking device allows you to monitor a vehicle at all times.This is a cost-saving vehicle and assets positioning solution to track your truck or car fleet for security and logistics reasons.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracker Online

royal said...

Fabulous Post!
Rear view camera is an excellent way to keep you safe on the road. Vehicle rear view camera system is a blessing. With this camera, you can easily any kind of curbs and rails which are not so clear in the rear view mirror.

Thanks for sharing information!
Rear View Camera India

royal said...

Hi,
The advanced bike GPS Tracking solution for protecting your bike. Our bike GPS monitoring tracking device allows you to monitor a bike at real time.Real-time bicycle positioning & tracking system.Put yourself on map.

Thanks for sharing!
Bike Tracking Solution

Berry said...

Awesome Post!
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Vehicle Tracking System