Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Not so new news

Well, now that most people know and I've been to the doctor, I guess I will start blogging about it...I'm preggers!
Who woulda thunk?!
I guess this blog will take on a whole new perspective now. My life certainly has (and will even more so, I'm sure).
I wrote up a post a few months ago to publish once I got pregnant but it's on the laptop which Tim has with him at the curling club so that post will have to wait.

So I'll have to be creative after all this evening...

It's strange, even after the doctor's appointment, I still have this weird dubious feeling that it's not real. I've felt a bit queasy and am tired (but not really any more than usual) but other than that, nothing other than some tightness in my stomach makes me feel like I'm pregnant. Anyhow, only 15 more days til the ultrasound so that will surely make me believe it!
I haven't told work yet and I will postpone doing so as long as I can so I'm trying to be creative in explaining all these appointments (I also went for blood tests at the hospital on Friday morning.)
Last Saturday, my company had a lunch at a cabane à sucre in St-Joseph-du-Lac and spouses were invited so I had to make sure that Tim remembered that no one is to know! He tends to spill the beans at times.
And I had to block a couple of co-workers on Facebook.

We've had fun coming up with creative ways on how to tell people.
There's been the "new job in the fall" approach, the "is your arthritis keeping you from knitting these days?" question, the direct announcement "I'M PREGNANT!", to name a few. We've been having fun with it.
I would have liked to have waited a bit longer before telling people, but we couldn't resist sharing the news any longer. That and our St-Patrick's day get-together was the perfect opportunity to tell everyone in person at the same time.

So, I will now be sharing my progress with you here (you are warned!) but will also try to focus on other things too.
That said, after the cabane on Saturday, Tim & I headed up to Gillian & François' in St-Sauveur. We got to try out our new snowshoes, yay! They're great. I really enjoyed it and found it much easier than hiking in the summertime. There is no way I would have been able to hike at the speed we were moving on our snowshoes. So watch out baby, you're going to be bundled up for some snowshoeing next winter!
After the snowsheoing, Gill made us a simple but wonderful meal. I love that our friends are such good cooks! Chick pea salad, pasta with pork and apple strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert.
We have to make a point of seeing them more often.

Work has been completely crazy yesterday and today. This morning I started at 6:30 (and Tim was kind enough to drive me to work since he needed the truck) and finished at 4:00 and I still didn't get everything done. But tomorrow is another day. And is sure to be another busy day!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Hooray! - Catherine passed on your happy news. That'll teach me to miss a party AND not keep up with your blog! Congrats to both you and Tim, I'm looking forward to following your story as you prepare for this little one's arrival. I have many questions for you but I'll send you an email one of these days ;)