Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 27, 2007

Brain Donation

Here's my public service announcement for the week...

Everyone is pretty aware about organ donation now that we can sign the back of our medicare cards if we wish to donate our organs after our demise.
I've signed mine, what about you?
Don't want your body desecrated? I've always been of the opinion that once I'm gone, I won't know the difference so I might as well help someone prolong their life.

Anyhow, that consent does not include one's brain. In order to give your brain up to science, specific consent forms must be filled out.

The Douglas Hospital requires both healthy and diseased brains (they are all inclusive and non-discriminatory!!!) in order to conduct their research.

You can read more about it on their site...Douglas Hospital

2 comments:

YDAR said...

So long as they are teaming up with the CIA again...

Christine said...

That was the Neuro...