Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Nappy Yew Hear

Well even Moose has finally updated his blog to wish everyone a Happy New Year so I guess I should do the same...

May you all have a great 2006 and may all your wishes come true!

That said, what have I been up to in the last week? This, that and the other, I guess...

Tim worked last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday much like the rest of you employed people so I took the time to do some errands while the stores were somewhat empty before the pre-New Year's rush. The exciting purchase was a new Welcome mat for the front door! I got it when I finally checked out Warshaw's Home down by the Atwater Market. Lots of good bargains on household items are to be had there.

Saturday was spent preparing for the evening celebrations as New Year's festivities were to be held at Columbia Avenue after a 2 year hiatus. We were 16 in all, including Elise and a very quiet Arianne and a good time was had by all (or so I believe!)
No photos of the event appear to have been taken with my camera so I have none to share, sorry!
But here's one of Olaf & Tim playing in the park the following day...


Steph & Olaf slept over so they could both enjoy the fine wine we served and wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Rigaud after the party, smart move! ANd they also got treated to french toast the following morning.

Sunday evening was turkey dinner with my family and after a late start, we enjoyed a fine meal that was definitely worth the wait. We even got some leftover turkey to bring home for yummy sandwiches.

And what would New Year's be without the traditional vegging out in front of the television for a marathon viewing of 24. Monday we got in 11 episodes of season 4 and yesterday after a trip to Ikea (CRAZY!) to buy a reading lamp for the corner by the couch we squeezed in another 9 episodes.
We seem to have inadvertently passed on the tradition to Steph & Olaf as they borrowed season 1 and proceeded to watch 10 hours on Monday.

So such is life...

No comments: