Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2006

MEC

Last Thursday Gillian came into town and we took a trip to MEC and France tagged along too. It was nice to see Gill and spend some time together as the last time we saw each other was last May! And after all these years I finally got my own MEC membership! I never saw the need before as I have always gone with someone who has one and it would mean receiving 2 catalogues at home. But they've now wised up and only send 1 catalogue per household. For a while there we were even getting catalogues addressed to Colby, Tim and Rozon, Chris which I thought was pretty funny although I don't think Tim did! Anyhow, I got 3 cheap tops for cycling and/or hiking and then we went for lunch at Futenbulle on Bernard. Quite good although they did not have my first choice of beer La Chouffe
so I missed out on a free glass as they had been giving them away as a promotion when you got a bottle of the golden ale. We then walked along Mount-Royal so Gill could get some used cds at L'Echange. I hadn't been around there in ages!

I spent that evening making a variation of this soup recipe that Jacquie sent me...very tasty...Sweet potato and clementine bisque

No comments: