Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Long weekend

Some of us were lucky enough to have a day off on Friday, others, not so lucky. Tim had to get up to go to work and had the alarm set for 6:30. As I'm used to getting up at 5:30, by the time he got out of the shower, I was pretty much wide awake so I got up and had breakfast with him. I spent a leisurely morning reading the paper and spent some time online and then I took the metro to go and meet Tim at his office in St-Laurent so we could go to lunch together. He and his co-worker Andrew often go to this Asian restaurant called Wing Phat on Jarry near Pie-IX and I always hear about it and last time they went I even got some leftovers but this was finally my opportunity to experience it myself. The place used to be a grocery store and they served meals to a few crowded tables at the back but now they've turned it into an actual restaurant, complete with tasteful decor. I can say it was well worth the trip. The have about 200 plates to chose from. I had beef with udon noodles. I love udon noodles, they are deliciously slimy!

Then I came home and had a two hour nap!

Since Tim went to the curling club for the evening, I watched "No Country For Old Men". It was pretty good. Not the best Coen brothers film I've seen, but entertaining in its own bizarre way. I don't think Tim would have enjoyed it.
And since I had that 2 hour power nap, I managed to stay awake throughout the entire film! If you didn't know, I am notorious for falling asleep during movies. It can be the most exciting, action-packed, loud movie possible, yet I am sure to nod off at some point while watching. Don't even think of making me watch a Jim Jarmusch movie. (They are extreeeeeemely slow-paced, although "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai" with Forest Whitaker was pretty good.)

The next movie I'm keen on seeing is "The Wind That Shakes the Barley".
Only 40 days til we leave for Ireland, woohoo!
I guess that means I should be doing some more planning...

No comments: