Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 24, 2006

Montreal Dragon Boat Festival

On Saturday, while most of my friends where helping Dave & France move into their new home, I was taking part in the dragon boat festival down at the Olympic Basin.
Ysabel, Maya and Kay were also there racing.

And I did have a few supporters turn up. Eric with Joel (his other little brother!) and then Cathy showed up too.

I was in four races on Saturday and one on Sunday.

This is the first JAG race on Saturday (photo courtesy of Eric!) which I did not paddle in.
Kay is in the 3rd row on the left and Ysabel is in row 6-right with Maya next to her and Rhenee is 2-right.




This is most of the Air Canada team receiving a plaque for one of the 250 m corporate races we did. (The other races were all 500 m.)




And this was my personal best race of the weekend, not that you can really see me, I'm in 9-left. Yes, the weather did turn slightly nasty by Saturday afternoon. But we were going to get wet anyhow!






So overall, we did pretty well. Air Canada placed 3rd in the B final and JAG came in 4th in the D final.

Saturday was a very long and tiring day but it was lots of fun overall. I was glad to have a ride home with Ysabel on Sunday afternoon when it was all over! Quite a good experience for my first races. I still have to build up my endurance though.
And it's not going to happen this week, we have a break from practices, phewf!
Well JAG does have a practice on Wednesday bit since I'm only a spare for them, I feel no obligation to go to it! I deserve a week off!

No comments: